Foundation Degree in Sport Conditioning, Rehabilitation & Massage
About this course
The Foundation Degree in Sport Conditioning, Rehabilitation and Massage will provide an opportunity for students to prepare to work in the growing leisure and professional sport industry. It will also develop skills that meet aspects of the wider health and wellbeing agenda.
How to Apply: You apply for this course via UCAS. The ‘Apply Now’ button will take you to the UCAS course page.
You will need the following details:
Course Code – SP02, Institution Code – C16, Campus Code - C, Campus Name – Cardiff International Sports Campus
For further information visit Completing your UCAS application.
What you will study
The course aims to develop intellectual knowledge and understanding of the academic disciplines and key concepts that underpin Sport Conditioning, Rehabilitation and Massage in the UK and abroad. Students will undertake modules that evaluate the scientific basis of preparation and rehabilitation of performers in sport. Students will develop technical skills in the conditioning and rehabilitation of sports performers and a variety of soft tissue/massage methods. The programme aims to enable students to apply professional principles of practice within competitive and non-competitive environments as well as preparing them for employment and/or future study.
The course will be based at the Cardiff International Sports Stadium in Leckwith, which has state of the art facilities and acts as a central hub for the college’s sports provision.
Modules cover the following subject areas:
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Strength and Conditioning
- Sport Massage and Soft Tissue Practices
- Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation
- Research Practice
- Anatomy and Clinical Assessment
- Professional Development
- Applied Sports Pedagogy
- Enterprise in Sport and Health
- Multidisciplinary Approaches to Sport and Health
The learning and teaching methods will include lectures, seminars, workshops, practical sessions and tutorials. A range of assessment methods will be used including written assignments, scientific reports, presentations, practical assessments, work based assessment and portfolios.
Teaching and assessment
A range of assessment methods will be used including written assignments, scientific reports, presentations, practical assessments, work based assessment, portfolios and examinations.
Course fee per year
Tuition Fees: £7,500.00
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
96 UCAS tariff points from minimum of 2 relevant A Levels (inc Physical Education and one other) or the BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF)/ BTEC National Diploma (NQF).
For applicants undertaking the Extended Diploma or National Diploma, other qualifications, experiences and sporting achievements will be considered. For non-standard entry, a successful interview demonstrating commitment to study and academic potential and evidence of recent study or employment. Applications to the course will be considered on an individual basis.
A successful interview may also be a requirement for entry onto the course.
Time of day
I’d been with the College previously but this was completely different and just as good if not better. I’ve learned a lot from the modules and the lecturers have been really helpful – I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who is interested in sport. I’m going to continue to my third year and get my degree. At one time I would never have thought I’d be in a position where I was graduating and here I am.
Career prospects & further study
Students will have the opportunity to top-up their qualification to a full honours Degree (BSc Hons Sport Conditioning, Rehabilitation and Massage) at Cardiff Metropolitan University or progress to employment within the Sports or Leisure Industry.
Need to know