Complementary & Wellbeing Therapies
About this course
Our VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies is an occupational qualification that provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work as an employed and/or self-employed complementary therapist. Learners who complete this course are eligible to register with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), which is the government backed voluntary regulator for the sector. CNHC registration is compulsory for all complementary therapists who work in the NHS.
All learners will be required to always wear full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) whilst in the salons and clinic. Full uniform, to be purchased by learner. This includes tunic, trousers and flat enclosed shoes.
The following will be supplied by college:
What you will study
This qualification includes aromatherapy, massage, reflexology, business principles, principles and practice of complementary therapies including health and safety and anatomy, physiology and pathology. Students will be supervised by staff and assessed on their competence both theoretically and practically. They will also be assessed by a number of methods which include continuous assessment, practical competence, case studies, E-portfolio, external exams and essential skills portfolio.
Additional areas that will be covered include:
EDI, Welsh, Essential Skills in Digital Literacy and Employability.
Learners will have the opportunity to work within a busy commercial environment in order to develop their vocational skills and competence.
Additional Fees include: £30.00 Salon fee plus Kit and Uniform - TBC
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
Salon Fees: £30.00
A minimum of 3 GCSE's Grades A to D including English or Level 2 qualification or equivalent Entry is subject to interview. Please note: we will need to see your qualification results and certificates before you can enrol. 1 reference (if a school leaver or current student a course tutor reference is required)
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessment including practical assessments and exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
"l enjoy my course because it’s an actual real-life salon so there is real work experience and there are plenty of facilities here."
Career prospects & further study
Career opportunities as a complementary therapist exist in a variety of contexts, including beauty salons, spas, self-employed, cruise liners and care homes. Whilst this qualification’s primary purpose is to prepare learners for employment as a complementary therapist, learners may choose to continue on to our HND in Complementary Healthcare.
Need to know