About this course
Our VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty and Spa Therapy General (QCF) is aimed at those learners seeking to work and develop their skills in a commercial setting. This qualification can only be delivered by colleges that have or have access to a 'real' salon and not just a realistic working environment, and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a Beauty Therapist including:
Enhancement of eyebrow and eyelashes – brow shape and lash/brow tinting
Effectiveness at work
Health & safety
Promoting additional products and services to clients
Spa assistant; the therapist in this qualification will assist in the Spa environment as part of their course, where they will be expected to set up, check and maintain the general condition and appearance of a wide range of spa services
Anatomy and Physiology
What you will study
This qualification includes all the required elements to work effectively as a Beauty Therapist; Salon Health and Safety. Client consultation. Prescription facial. Eye brow and eye lash tinting. False lash application and removal. Day, Evening and Special occasion make-up application. Manicure and Pedicure. Waxing techniques. Setting up and assisting in Spa environment.
Anatomy and Physiology
Students will also have the opportunity to undertake Work placement in a busy working Salon/Spa to enhance their skills. This is a requirement of the Full-time course. This will include some Saturdays and evenings.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
Salon Fees: £30.00
3 GCSEs Grades A* - D including English Language (or equivalent). Satisfactory reference from Course Tutor. Alternatively, successful achievement of Level 1 and satisfactory reference. Satisfactory reference from School or College to indicate good behaviour, attendance and progress.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessment and practical assessment including exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
"I enjoy my course because it’s an actual real-life salon so there is real work experience and there are plenty of great facilities here."
Career prospects & further study
- Level 3 Beauty Therapy
- Level 3 Complementary Therapy
- Level 2 Hairdressing
Part time fee paying courses
Need to know