About this course
This GCSE Spanish course is an intensive one year course. It is aimed at beginners with no or very little knowledge of the language. Students will practise the four language skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking and are encouraged to use the target language wherever possible.
What you will study
The content that will be studied will cover the following broad contexts:
Personal and Social Life
The Local Community
The World of Work
The Wider World
The subject is divided into 4 units:
Unit 1: Listening (20%)
Unit 2: Speaking (30%)
Unit 3: Reading (20%)
Unit 4: Writing (30%)
The skills of writing and speaking are assessed under controlled conditions at regular intervals throughout the course, whilst listening and reading are assessed at the end of the course.
Students are entered for each skill area at the tier most suitable to their level of competence. So, depending on individual strengths and preferences, an individual could do foundation level listening with higher level speaking and reading in order to maximise the best possible final points score and GCSE grade.
Course fee per year
Exam Fee: £35.00
Part-time enrolment fee: £30.00
Course Fee: £345.00
There are no formal entry requirements for adult learners. Full-time students should have a minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade D.
17:45 - 20:45 Monday
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessments
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know