About this course
This qualification at level 2 is the ideal course for sport and exercise enthusiasts who wish to start a career in fitness. You will gain a professional qualification, with many learners progressing onto the Personal Trainer course.
What you will study
Topics can include:
- Exercise and fitness knowledge
- Gym instructor
- Communication for fitness instructors
- Anatomy & Physiology
You will need to purchase the resource manuals within the first 2 weeks of the course at a cost of £30.
Course fee per year
Part-time enrolment fee: £10.00
Course Fee: £70.00
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
My highlight of the college has to been meeting people who have just as much of passion for sport as myself, and the facilities. I really enjoy the practical sessions that we do on the course, including the sport coaching, research methods and human anatomy.
Career prospects & further study
Need to know