About this course
This course is geared towards practical skills and tasks that place an emphasis on demonstrating skills that relate to the esports industry. The qualification gives learners the opportunity to acquire and develop generic, transferable and esports sector skills in order to complete tasks and demonstrate a level of achievement that enables them to progress to further learning.
The location of the course is subject to change.
What you will study
Designing a Product:
You will be required to research good design for esports related merchandise, clothing, peripherals. You will be asked to design a product for an esports team.
Branding a Product:
You will gain a basic understanding of marking and branding. Looking at straplines, branding, presentation and target markets
Presenting a Business Idea:
This module is aimed at supporting business and how potential business ideas are researched and presented
Designing an interactive presentation:
Allows you to understand the different types of software and presentation types. This will look at developing a good presentation style and how to enhance it to be suitable for the target audience.
Using Digital Communication Technologies:
Enables you to make connections with the esports communities. You will look at the use of email, video conferencing, social media and digital safety.
Keeping Active and Healthy:
An important part of Esports. This allows you to identify good health and fitness practices and how they impact on gaming performance and mental health.
- Alienware Gaming PCs
- Alienware Gaming Peripherals
- 5.1 Surround sound headsets for gaming
Teaching and assessment
The learner will undertake assignments for each module.
2 GCSEs at Grade A-E, including English and Maths Grade A-E. Students must be at least 16 years old / New students will have an interview/placement test before starting their course to ensure that they are placed at the correct level. There is a mandatory kit requirement of approximately £80 for T-shirts and hoodie from Macron
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
Progression onto the Esports Diploma Level 2.
Need to know