About this course
Looking to pursue a career in the construction industry? You've come to the right place! Our Construction and the Built Environment is an ideal course for those students keen to pursue a career as an Architect, Building Surveyor, Construction Manager, Civil Engineer, Quantity Surveyor or follow any other professional career pathway in the sector. The construction industry covers a wide range of employment opportunities, and this programme will allow you to gain the fundamental knowledge required for entry into the sector. You will also obtain a recognised qualification, which will act as a springboard into higher education.
What you will study
The programme will cover a range of subject areas, and is made up of a combination of mandatory and optional units including:
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction and the Built Environment
- Sustainable construction
- Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
- Science and Materials in Construction and the Built Environment
- Building Technology in Construction
- Graphical Detailing in Construction and the Built Environment
- Project Management in Construction and the Built Environment
- Surveying in Construction and the Built Environment
- Property Law in Construction
From this course you can progress on to Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment or on to Pearson HNC L4 Construction and the built environment for those that have DD at A level.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
4 GCSE's Grades A* - C
Teaching and assessment
- Practical assessment and written assignments and exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I have enjoyed being around the City Centre Campus, it's a nice surrounding and everyone gets along. The highlight of my time at college has been the new friends I have made and the different atmosphere from school. You can gain new skills and do things you'd never thought you could do before.
Need to know