About this course
This course will suit anyone who is interested in a career in Engineering.
The course develops your knowledge and practical skills which can lead to a career in Electrical, Mechanical, Maintenance, Building Services or Design Engineering.
What you will study
On this course you will study:
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Electrical Installation
- 2D CAD
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical/electrical workshop practice
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
5 GCSEs Grade A* - C to include Maths A* - B and English A*-D. A suitable Level 2 Engineering qualification desirable (not essential).
Teaching and assessment
- Written and practical assignments and portfolio
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
I wanted to get into an industry which was hands on, and I could learn on the job, which I have been able to do with my apprenticeship. In my first year of college we were covering health and safety and how to behave on site and this was really helpful with my apprenticeship. When I have completed my apprenticeship I would like to work for a few years then start my own business, where I will be able to employ apprentices just like me.
Career prospects & further study
After completing this course, successful candidates may progress onto the Engineering with CAD - BTEC Diploma Level 3.
Need to know