About this course
Our Administration OCR Diploma course is designed to provide students with the opportunity to start an interesting and rewarding career in administration. Studying at our City Centre campus in Cardiff, learners will develop the skills and abilities considered essential by employers to tackle a wide range of administration duties with confidence.
What you will study
Topics studied include:
- Produce complex business documents
- Understand functions and roles within business organisations
- Use verbal communication in business
- Support business meetings
- Review and develop office procedures
- Apply legislation affecting organisations
- AON, Comms
You will learn through short lectures working with other students in pairs and groups, activities, demonstrations and practical work. This will help you develop good analytical and supervisory skills. You will also spend time working as a manager in the college's executive office, practising your administration skills and collecting evidence for your portfolio. Work experience will help you appreciate the link between the course theory and putting the theory into practice in a real working environment.
When you have chosen your course, we highly recommend you register to the Career Ready programme. This is a programme that runs alongside your course to ensure a transformational journey, and it will help you to enter the world of work or university with confidence, skills and professional networks, which are needed to fulfil your potential.
We will provide you with a mentor, workplace visits, master classes and work based experiences, which may include an internship. All of which will build on your studies, to help you develop the skills and confidence needed to succeed in your future careers.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
5 GCSEs Grades A* - C including English and Maths or a relevant Level 2 qualification.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assignments and practical assessments and exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
The College has given me great opportunities through the Career Ready Programme, I have been able to go to London and work with Fresh Fields Law Firm and various other businesses in Cardiff. I love this campus and am hoping to progress on to University next year.
Need to know