About this course
The CACHE Level 3 Diploma for Children's Care, Learning and Development (Bilingual) course is designed to build the skills and knowledge needed when working with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age.
Based at our City Centre campus in Cardiff, this qualification can lead to a number of different job roles including:
- Child worker
- Child minder
- Nursery Practitioner
- Pre-school worker
- Out of school childcare worker
- Cylch Meithrin worker
- Learning support assistant
- Creche Assistants
What you will study
- Child Development
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Outdoor play
N.B. Legislation prevents those under 18 years of age obtaining employment with children. We would therefore recommend that those wishing to move into employment after completing the qualification should be at least 17 years of age when they begin the course.
Applicants for courses in Health and Social Care or Early Years are required by law to have a clear DBS check. This needs to be completed on-line prior to enrolment and will cost approximately £44.00.
Confirmed fluency in oral and written Welsh is a requirement.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
5 GCSE's Grade C including English Language at grade C and Mathematics at grade C.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessment including coursework and portfolio
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I feel a lot more independent than at school. I find there is a lot more support here. Through doing this course I will be able to work in a school. All my teachers are really lovely, they are all supportive and understanding.
Need to know