About this course
Our VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies (QCF) is a technical level qualification that provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work as an employed and/or self-employed complementary therapist, either within the National Health Service (NHS) or in a private practice. Learners who complete this course are eligible to register with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), which is the government backed voluntary regulator for the sector. CNHC registration is compulsory for all complementary therapists who work in the NHS.
What you will study
Students will be supervised by staff and assessed on their competence both theoretically and practically. They will also be assessed by a number of methods which include continuous assessment, practical competence, E-portfolio, external exams and essential skills portfolio.
Additional areas that will be covered include:
- Essential Skills in Literacy and Numeracy
Learners will have the opportunity to work within a busy commercial environment in order to develop their vocational skills and competence.
A minimum of 3 GCSE's Grades A to D including English or Level 2 qualification or equivalent Entry is subject to interview. Please note: we will need to see your qualification results and certificates before you can enrol. 1 reference (if a school leaver or current student a course tutor reference is required)
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessment including practical assessments and exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I enjoy the College, it’s fun and I like the social aspect - there are so many different people. It’s a good place to come, and helps grow your independence and confidence. The teachers are really fun and helpful and the facilities are really good. At the end of the year I really enjoy the Hair and Beauty Show as you get to see the amazing talent there is within my department which is really inspirational. I would definitely recommend this College.
Need to know