About this course
The Level 2 Diploma will suit you if you have some basic skills and experience as a chef, probably from a role where you work under supervision. You want to gain a formal qualification and increase your skills so that you can take on a more senior role.
What you will study
On this course you will cover topics such as:
- Food Safety
- Health and safety in catering
- Healthier foods
- Preparing and cooking different foods, vegetables, soups, fish, meat, poultry, pasta, dough products etc.
These qualifications are usually assessed by using assignments, practical tasks, exam and/or online tests.
For these qualifications you will complete practical demonstrations/synoptic exams, assignments and take a multiple-choice examination.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
You will have some basic skills and experience as a chef, probably from a role where you work under supervision. You will want to gain a formal qualification and increase your skills so that you can take on a more senior role.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
The course has opened loads of opportunities for me – I got to the semi-finals of the Nestle Torgue d’Or and won in Skills Competition Wales and will compete in WorldSkills UK. This course has made me really excited for my future.
Career prospects & further study
On completion of this course you can progress on to the Level 3 at CAVC or into employment in the industry.
Need to know