Electrical/Electronic Engineering - Subsidiary Diploma
About this course
Our Subsidiary Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering is perfect for those individuals keen to pursue a career as an Electrical /Electronic Engineer. If you are looking for a career as an Electrician, you should be looking at Electrical Installation courses. Based at our City Centre campus in Cardiff, this programme will develop your skills and knowledge to meet industry standards, whilst providing an understanding of electronic techniques and their applications. Studying in the Colleges' specialist facilities and industry specific workshops, pupils will work alongside qualified and experienced staff to achieve an industry recognised qualification. Successful completion of this course will enable students to return for the EAL Diploma or Extended Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, as well as prepare them for entry into a technical/engineering apprenticeship.
What you will study
Topics can include:
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Selecting and Using Programmable Logic Controllers
- Principles and Applications of Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Electronic Measurement and Testing
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
5 GCSEs Grade A* - C to include Maths A* - B, Science A*-C and English A-D.
Teaching and assessment
- Written and practical assignments
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Studying here is great – there’s excellent mentorship and support plus it’s a very diverse place to learn. I look back to last year and I never thought I’d have the skills or confidence I have now. If you’re a young person looking to sign up to this course, I would highly recommend it. It’s the best thing I’ve done career-wise.
Career prospects & further study
After completing this course, successful candidates may continue onto the Extended Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Many students also pursue various employment opportunities within the industry.
Need to know