About this course
Our VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General (QCF) is aimed at those learners seeking to work and develop their skills in a commercial setting. This qualification can only be delivered by colleges that have, or have access to a 'real' salon and not just a realistic working environment, and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a beauty therapist including:
- Facial skincare
- Enhancement of eyebrow and eyelashes
- Waxing services
- Effectiveness at work
- Health & safety
- Promoting additional products and services to clients
What you will study
Learners will further develop their understanding and skills by selecting a number of optional specialist units. This qualification's structure also provides individuals with the flexibility to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills depending upon their designated career pathway as a junior beauty therapist.
Additional areas that will be covered include:
- ESW Literacy & Numeracy
Students will be required to complete E-portfolios, as well as both theoretical and practical evidence of assessment. Pupils will also complete external exams and Essential Skills portfolios.
You will have the opportunity to work within a busy commercial environment in order to develop your vocational skills and competence, as well as undertake a work placement as part of your course.
A 90% attendance is expected on this course.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Salon Fees: £30.00
3 GCSEs Grades A* - D including English Language (or equivalent). Satisfactory reference from Course Tutor. Alternatively, successful achievement of Level 1 (Beauty) and satisfactory reference. Satisfactory reference from School or College to indicate good behaviour, attendance and progress OR prior Learning and work experience .
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessment and practical assessment including exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
I enjoy the College, it’s fun and I like the social aspect - there are so many different people. It’s a good place to come, and helps grow your independence and confidence. The teachers are really fun and helpful and the facilities are really good. At the end of the year I really enjoy the Hair and Beauty Show as you get to see the amazing talent there is within my department which is really inspirational. I would definitely recommend this College.
Need to know