About this course
Our VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty and Spa Therapy is a substantial vocational qualification for learners seeking a career as an employed and/or self-employed beauty/spa therapist. This qualification is recognised by the UK's leading professional bodies as being fit for purpose for preparing learners for a career in the sector, and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a beauty therapist including:
- Body massage
- Stone therapy
- Body wrapping
- Monitoring and operating sauna, steam and hydrotherapy treatments
- Monitoring procedures in the salon
- Contributing to the planning of a promotional event
What you will study
Learners will further develop their understanding and skills by selecting a number of optional specialist units which include:
- Indian head massage
- Massage with blended oils
- Face and body electric treatments
This qualification's structure also provides individuals with the flexibility to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills depending upon their designated career pathway as a beauty/spa therapist. Individuals will also be required to develop sound knowledge of anatomy and physiology for body therapy treatments.
Additional areas that will be covered include:
- ESW Literacy & Numeracy
Students will be required to complete E-portfolios, as well as both theoretical and practical evidence of assessment. Pupils will also complete external exams and Essential Skills portfolios.
You will have the opportunity to work within a busy commercial environment in order to develop your vocational skills and competence.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Salon Fees: £20.00
Successful achievement in relevant Level 2 Diploma (Beauty). Interview and satisfactory reference from Course Tutor indicating good behaviour, satisfactory attendance and progress. Prior Learning and work experience will also be considered.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessment and practical assessment including exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Beauty & Spa Therapy
Ever since I can remember I have always enjoyed doing hair and beauty. Through the contacts that one of our tutors had, I obtained a job working in a spa. The practical skills I have gained from studying at CAVC have been amazing.
Need to know