About this course
The VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering is a substantial vocational qualification for learners seeking a career as an employed and/or self-employed junior barber. This qualification is based on the Level 2 Barbering National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is recognised by the UK's leading professional association (The British Barbering Association - BBA) as being fit for purpose for preparing learners for a career as a junior barber.
What you will study
This qualification includes all the required elements to work effectively as a junior barber including:
- Health and safety
- Client consultation
- Shampooing and conditioning hair
- Basic hair cuts
- Blowdry and finishing
- Cutting facial hair to shape.
These units are all mandatory.
Learners will also develop their understanding and skills by selecting a number of optional specialist units which include:
- Changing men's hair colour
- Creating basic patterns in hair perming
- Reception duties and promoting products and services to clients
The full list of optional units is presented in the learner Record of Assessment book (RoA) (specification). This qualification's structure provides learners with the flexibility to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills depending upon their designated career pathway as a junior barber.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Entry onto this qualification can be via previous attainment of a Level 1 qualification in hairdressing/barbering and/or a successfull skills test and interview.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know