About this course
This qualification is designed to provide you with an understanding of automotive technology repair techniques for a range of electrical systems. You will gain a knowledge of vehicle electrical systems at an intermediate level. This qualification will equip you with the skills to carry out basic automotive fault finding on a range of vehicle systems.
What you will study
Candidates will study a range of IMI units at Level 1 and Level 2.
3 GCSEs Grade A* - D including Maths or equivalent is desirable, however experience will be taken into account.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I’ve always been interested in cars and I knew it was something I wanted to do. From a young age I knew I wanted to work in a body shop and this apprenticeship is really helping to do that – I also enjoy my time in the College.
Need to know