About this course
This qualification is designed to provide you with an understanding of automotive technology repair techniques for a range of electrical systems. You will gain a knowledge of vehicle electrical systems at an intermediate level. This qualification will equip you with the skills to carry out basic automotive fault finding on a range of vehicle systems.
What you will study
Candidates will study a range of IMI units at Level 1 and Level 2.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £100.00
3 GCSEs Grade A* - D including Maths or equivalent is desirable, however experience will be taken into account.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
As soon as I knew there was a link to come here I was excited, and the school link programme provided me with an opportunity to see what it would be like to study here. The College gives you a lot of information on why you need to get your NVQ, and get an apprenticeship to get into full-time employment.
Need to know