ATA Senior Panel Re-accreditation
About this course
The Paint route is intended for technicians whose job role involves the repair of vehicles typically involved in accidents or similar incident circumstances. Technicians should be working in the accident repair sector of the industry and have at least three years’ experience to ensure they are familiar with the skills, knowledge and techniques required to repair & replace body components, including returning vehicle alignment to manufacturer specification and rectifying body shell faults.
What you will study
Candidates levels MUST hold a current welding Assessed Outcome Module Certificate for AOM – 009 (BS1140 and BS4872).
Full Assessment Modules:
- Cosmetic Panel Alignment
- MET - Complex
- Panel Damage (Rectification)
- Welded Panel/Section MAG/MIG Braze/Bond/Rivet
- Rectify Bodyshell Misalignment (Setup, Measure, Adjust)
- Aluminium Cosmetic Panel
- Cold Filler Repair
- MET - Complex AOM 006
- Welded Panel/Section MAG/MIG Braze/Bond/Rivet AOM 030
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £650.00
This is a re-accreditation so for those who have previously achieved the full Senior Panel Qualification.
Time of day
I know from studying at the College and applying the skills I’ve learnt in my job I improve each day. I’m even going to compete at World Skills for vehicle body painting.
Need to know