About this course
The Light Vehicle Inspection route is intended for technicians whose job role involves the inspection, maintenance and repair of light vehicles, who do not currently hold a Level qualification and want to be recognised as a competent motor vehicle technician.
There is one level with in Light Vehicle Inspection:
- Inspection Technician
This accreditation is also a route onto the IMI Level 2 Award in MOT Testing Course.
If you require any further information please contact the course tutor on - 02920 406505.
What you will study
Technicians undertaking this route must be able to work unsupervised, ideally in full time employment with at least three years experience to ensure they are familiar with the techniques for vehicle servicing, inspection and system diagnosis.
This level requires the candidate to complete the following modules for which they will recieve training in these areas prior to the assessments:
- Electrical systems and how they work
- Using and reading emissions data
- The use of computer based diagnostic equipment
- Different suspension and steering systems including different setups
- How the breaking system works including brake efficiency calculations
- Vehicle structure
- Vehicle appraisal
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £550.00
You must be able to work unsupervised, in full-time employment within the sector. You should have at least three years experience within the sector and be familiar with the techniques for vehicle servicing, inspection and system.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I know from studying at the College and applying the skills I’ve learnt in my job I improve each day. I’m even going to compete at World Skills for vehicle body painting.
Need to know