About this course
This course is designed to meet the needs of adult learners who have an interest in further developing their photography skills and understanding.
Working with a photography specialist, this course will suit anyone looking for an introduction into taking, editing and storing photographs.
What you will study
- Taking photographs with a digital camera
- Editing photographs, including composition
- Storing photographs
- You will learn how to adjust the controls on a digital camera to take photographs on a range of subjects
- Producing photographs relating to a theme
- Evaluating photographs
Internal assessment (100% e-portfolio).
Course fee per year
Part-time enrolment fee: £35.00
An interest in photography a basic understanding of photography fundamentals and camera controls and/or Preferably completion of Introduction to Digital Photography at Level 1.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
Need to know