About this course
Businesses are all around us and we recognise them instantly. Brands like Coca Cola, Apple, Nike and Amazon are seen all over the world. But how do businesses like these work? The course is incredibly varied and you will learn accounting skills, the importance of people to business and marketing where creativity and research ensures a product will sell. It is a two year course made up of four units that are assessed through assignment work, exam and an externally assessed research task.
What you will study
Unit 1 – Exploring Business (taught in Year 1)
You will study the purpose of different businesses and how they must be dynamic and innovative to survive. This includes exploring how businesses are organised and the competitive environment in which they operate.
Unit 2 – Developing a Marketing Campaign (taught in year 1)
Marketing is a dynamic field central to the success of any business. You will gain an understanding of how a marketing campaign is developed and explore different stages of the process.
Unit 3 – Personal and Business Finance (taught in Year 2)
Personal finance involves understanding how managing your money can help prevent future financial difficulties. The business finance aspect introduces you to the importance of accounting and the different sources of finance.
Unit 8 – Recruitment and Selection Process (taught in Year 2)
Recruiting the right people is essential to the success of a business. It is important that the processes and procedures involved in recruitment meet the needs of the business and comply with current regulations
Course fee per year
Part-time enrolment fee: £0.00
Individual Subject Entry Requirement GCSE Math and English Grade C
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Career prospects & further study
Studying Business as a vocational course will provide you with strong employability skills and many of our students continue to study at university or move onto apprenticeships and trainee management positions.
Need to know