About this course
This course is for members of the Armed Forces and those working as technicians in the aircraft maintenance industry, who wish to become EASA Part-66 licence holders. It covers all of the academic EASA Part66 modules required for the Aircraft Maintenance B1.1 Licence.
This course does not have a set start date and you can enrol anytime during the year. So please feel free to apply now and a member of the Aircraft Engineering team will get back to you.
What you will study
This 3 year course provides all modules of study required for Aircraft Technicians who wish to become EASA Part66 B1.1 Licence holders. This is an essential qualification for any Aircraft Technician who wishes to hold a supervisory role or sign the certificate of release to service for an aircraft, following a maintenance procedure.
Please note, to become an EASA Part 66 B-Licence holder, students will also need a minimum of 5 years' experience within a Part145 organisation. This can be supplemented by Military Service at the discretion of the Civilian Aviation Authority.
The 13 modules of study for this course are:
- M1 - Mathematics
- M2 - Physics
- M3 - Electrical Fundamentals
- M4 - Electronic Fundamentals
- M5 - Digital Techniques
- M6 - Materials and Hardware
- M7 - Maintenance Practices
- M8 - Basic Aerodynamics
- M9 - Human Factors
- M10 - Aviation Legislation
- M11a - Aircraft Aerodynamics, Structures and Systems
- M15 - Gas Turbines
- M17 - Propellers
This is a distance learning course and allows study around work and family commitments. World class study materials in the form of Hard Copy, E-books and support website access are provided. Subject matter experts are available via phone and email contact.
To complete each module, students will need to pass the multiple choice exam at the end of each module. Modules 7, 9 and 10 also have written exams. All exams are held at our Part147 Training Centre next to Cardiff Airport, however, exams can be sat at any Part147 exam centre for convenience.
One attempt at each exam is included in the course cost.
Course fee per year
ELCAS Contribution: £1,799.20
Course Fee: £449.80
A minimum of Grade C GCSEs or equivalent in maths and a science subject is required. Practical maintenance experience will also be a benefit.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know