About this course
This unit will equip candidates with the basic understanding and principles of 2D drawing environment, in terms of hardware, software and physical surroundings. It will explore the typical composition of a CAD system and health and safety matters that are associated with safe working practices.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
On this course you will learn how to:
- Be able to use a CAD workstation safely
- Be able to use key components in 2D CAD software
- Be able to create lines and shapes relative to a co-ordinate system
- Be able to use text, hatch and simple dimensioning routines
- Be able to modify existing drawings
- Be able to output a 2D drawing layout
Progression from this course would be to develop skills further in civil engineering and construction technology by studying on one of our Construction and built environment Level 3 full time or part time courses.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £0.00
Satisfactory interview and a desire to progress within the Construction and Design Industry. PPE/Equipment needed to study- Laptop or access to computer at home.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
Need to know