The now well established CAVC Rugby Academy provides the perfect platform for young, dedicated students who have an interest in performance and elite level Rugby.
The Academy places a strong emphasis on balancing sporting performance with educational achievement and CAVC is committed to supporting you with both.
It’s any rugby enthusiast’s dream to train and play on the same pitch as the likes of Adam Jones, Jonah Lomu and Wales Captain Sam Warburton. CAVC are proud to work in partnership with the Cardiff Blues and as a member of the Academy you yourself will benefit from training and playing home games at the historic BT Cardiff Arms Park.
Learners will have the chance to study within our £45m City Centre Campus, which is home to a specialised strength and conditioning gym facility, it really is the perfect time to be a part of #teamcavc.
We have a team of experts on hand within the Academy, including elite level coaches, physiotherapists and nutritionists - we have all the bases covered.
The Academy is led and coached by former Cardiff RFC Director of Rugby and Cardiff University Head of Rugby Martyn Fowler. Martyn is Director of Rugby at the College and is a Level 4 coach with more than 15 years’ coaching experience. Five of those years were spent coaching in the Principality Premiership with Bedwas RFC and Cardiff RFC.
CAVC are proud to work in partnership with the Cardiff Blues.
The CAVC Rugby Academy can offer you:
• 12 hours of professional rugby coaching every week
• Weekly competitive fixtures in the Welsh an AoC British Colleges League
• A Level 4 Head Coach with over 15 years’ experience in a professional rugby environment, supported by an experienced senior management team
• First-class and inspirational training facilities at BT Cardiff Arms Park and CAVC’s brand new city centre campus
• Access to weekly physiotherapy sessions and a range of sport science support such as nutrition, psychology, strength and conditioning and performance analysis.
• Experience which may lead to opportunities to play for teams such as Cardiff Blues U18 and Welsh Academicals
• A specialised programme that combines rugby with your chosen academic qualification
• Access to an expanding portfolio of academic or vocational courses
• A supportive environment that allows you to continue playing domestic rugby with your chosen club
• An Academy ethos that promotes core values of humility, honesty, discipline, work-ethic and enjoyment