About this course
Adobe Photoshop is an image creation, graphic design and photo editing software, used by designers, web developers, photographers and graphic artists.
This course is designed for those who have experience using Photoshop and wish to become a Certified User. The Course will provide 'introductory' videos to the software through a blended learning approach, which will refresh students on the basics of Photoshop. Learners will have access to videos prior the course start date, before attending class, to study the advanced topics of Photoshop, with an experienced tutor.
The course is run over a 3 week period, to allow learners the time between lessons to practice what they have learned during their lesson. On the final day of the course you will take an Adobe approved exam to attain Adobe Certified Professional in Photoshop.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
On this course you will cover:
- Navigate the Photoshop environment
- Select parts of an image in several ways
- Enhance images by using Adjustment Layers, Smart Sharpen and content-aware tools
- Understand tools used for painting and retouching images
- Adjust the contrast and brightness of your artwork
- Fill areas with colour and gradients
- Blend images to create simple compositions
- Resize images for the web and for print
- Add, adjust and style both text and layers
- Warp images and apply other special effects
- Integrate your workflow with Adobe Bridge
- Output artwork for the web
- Prepare images for print
- Apply advanced facial retouching and manipulation techniques
- Handle and adjust photos in Camera Raw format
- Customise and create brushes and patterns
- Mask and lock parts of an image
- Automate your workflow with other Creative Cloud programs
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £0.00
It is desirable for candidates to have a basic knowledge of using a computer.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.