About this course
This Information Technology Level 2 course is practical and work-related for those interested in computers.
You will learn by completing assignments and projects based on realistic workplace activities, situations and demands.
What you will study
This course covers a variety of subject areas, giving a good knowledge of computing career paths including:
- The Online World
- Technology systems
- A digital portfolio
- Website development
- Software development
4 GCSEs grades A*- D including English and Maths or Level 1 Diploma in IT with a Merit profile or other related vocational qualification. You will need to attend an interview and undertake an assessment in literacy and numeracy.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
“I enjoyed all the different units and assignments that required a lot of research within my course. My favourite thing about CAVC is that the facilities are available for us to use 24/7”.
Career prospects & further study
- Progression to Level 3 Computing