IRTEC Inspection Re-accreditation
About this course
This course is designed as a re-accreditation for those employed within an HGV, Large Commercial Vehicle or Bus/Coach (PCV) maintenance environment. This course will lead to a re-accreditation with IRTEC/IMI and can be modified to suit HGV and Bus environments.
Technicians must be able to work unsupervised, and ideally should be in full time employment with at least 3 years' experience to ensure they are familiar with the skills, knowledge and techniques associated with vehicle inspection. Technicians wishing to achieve this accreditation must successfully complete a full assessment.
What you will study
This level requires the candidate to complete the following modules for which they can receive optional training prior to assessment:
- Full Assessment & Practical Assessment
- Exam - Technical & Legislative
The practical assessment can take place at the workplace and the exams will take place at CAVC.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £375.00
Candidate will require full accreditation of Irtec within expiry date.
Time of day
I know from studying at the College and applying the skills I’ve learnt in my job I improve each day. I’m even going to compete at World Skills for vehicle body painting.
Need to know