About this course
If you are keen to develop your knowledge and skills of counselling, then our Introduction to Counselling programme is the perfect course for you! This taster course will introduce students to listening skills and the principles of counselling training, and is delivered through a range of teaching methods, including experimental learning in the classroom.
What you will study
On this course students will study:
- Listening skills
- Self awareness and reflective practice
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £125.00
No formal requirements, but an ability to write a 500 word reflective journal each week. Applicants must be 18 or over.
Barry - 18:00 - 20:30 Thursday
Cardiff - 12:30 - 15:00 - Wednesday
Teaching and assessment
- Written assessment
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Need to know