About this course
This course is suitable for:
- Learners aged 16+ currently working in or intending to work in the health and social care sector
- Social care worker (adults)
- Social care worker (children and young people)
- Healthcare support worker
- Healthcare assistant.
What you will study
The content for this qualification supports learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of:
- The core principles and values which underpin health and social care practice.
- Ways of working in the health and social care sectors.
- Effective practice within health and social care.
- Progression routes to further study or employment within Health and Social Care safeguarding.
To achieve the (Adults & Children and Young People) pathway within this qualification, candidates must pass:
- Four externally-set scenario-based assessments that are marked in the centre and can be taken throughout the qualification or at the end.
- One externally-set, externally-marked multiple choice test.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
3 GCSEs A* to C. C in English Language, D in Maths (numeracy not accepted).
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
"The tutors are very supportive and understanding. I'm hoping to progress on to being a qualified teaching assistant."
Career prospects & further study
On completion of this course learners can progress on to the Level 3 Health and Social care course, or in an apprenticeship in the industry.
Need to know