About this course
At Cardiff and Vale College the HNC Construction and Built Environment course will help you gain a sound understanding of the technical, legal and scientific principles of construction. Seminars and lectures are backed up by construction site visits which will bring your studies to life. You’ll also be supported by expert staff who have professional experience of working on large housing, commercial, and infrastructure developments, as well as having excellent working knowledge of the construction industry.
At Cardiff and Vale College we have close links with industry which will provide you with valuable connections, giving you the chance to gain recognition and make contacts to help further your future career.
How to Apply: You apply for this course via UCAS. The ‘Apply Now’ button will take you to the UCAS course page.
You will need the following details:
Course Code – CB01, Institution Code – C16, Campus Code - A, Campus Name – City Centre Campus
For further information visit Completing your UCAS application.
What you will study
You will study 8 modules in this year, these are the following taught modules on this course:
- Unit 1 Individual Project (set by awarding organisation)
- Unit 2 Construction Technology
- Unit 3 Science and Materials
- Unit 4 Construction Practice and Management
- Unit 5 Legal & Statutory Responsibilities in Construction
- Unit 6 Construction Information
- Unit 7 Surveying, Measuring & Setting-out
- Unit 16 Principles of Alternative Energy
The programme will be taught using a combination of lectures, guest speakers and tutorials. The programme will be assessed using a combination of assignments, practical assessment and examinations.
On completion of the HNC level 4 Construction programme, learners can progress onto a full time or part time HND level 5 Construction Management course.
Course fee per year
Tuition Fees: £6,000.00
48 UCAS Tariff Points from the routes listed below:
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in Construction and the Built Environment (or a related subject)
- GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject; this profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades A* to C and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution
International equivalent of the above. Mature applicants (aged 21+): If you do not hold the qualifications listed but have relevant work experience, you are welcome to apply. Your application will be considered on an individual basis.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know