About this course
This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to understand sustainable working practices for a specific job role, future job role and ongoing training. It is especially useful for those who want to work within sustainability or who have been given responsibility for sustainability within their organisations. This qualification is designed for use across all sectors. This qualification is suitable for those who desire to develop or improve their knowledge and understanding of Sustainability and the Green Environment in a range of industries and sectors
What you will study
Understand factors impacting on our environment. Understand sustainability and factors affecting it. Understand the short and long term impacts of climate change. Understand the effects of carbon emissions and how they can be managed. Assessment will be in the form of a written test.
Course fee per year
Part-time enrolment fee: £0.00
GCSE Grade D or Equivalent in English
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Sustainability and the Green Environment in Engineering (PLA)
Career prospects & further study
Further study within the Faculty of Technology