About this course
Our full-time Level 2 Car Repair course is perfect for individuals keen to kick start their career in the automotive industry, covering the main aspects of Vehicle Repair and Servicing at an intermediate level. Students will work on real vehicles, using equipment similar to that used in garage repair workshops. Throughout the duration of the course, pupils will develop their skills and knowledge of the sector in dedicated workshops and classrooms, working alongside industry qualified staff and taking part in various work placements.
This course is run over two and a half full days, allowing students time for employment in the remainder of the week. The main qualification is the same as that used in the Light Vehicle Foundation Apprenticeship, and can be used to fulfil part of the Apprenticeship Framework. The course is split 50-50 workshop and classroom based, and prepares the student for employment by giving a good grounding in the operation of a workshop.
What you will study
The course covers areas such as:
- Health and Safety
- Tools and Equipment used in Vehicle Repair
- Techniques for Service and Inspection of Cars
- Repair and Replacement of Engine Components
- Repair and Replacement of Fuel Systems
- Electrical Repairs and Maintenance for Cars
- Brakes, Steering, Suspension Repair
The course follows the Automotive Learning Area Programme (LAP) and as such includes Essential Skills Units and the possibility of a weeks' work experience with a local workshop.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
3 GCSEs Grade A* - D including Maths or equivalent.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
I’ve always been interested in cars and I knew it was something I wanted to do. From a young age I knew I wanted to work in a body shop and this apprenticeship is really helping to do that – I also enjoy my time in the College.
Need to know