About this course
This Engineering EAL Diploma will suit anyone who is looking for a career in Engineering or a related area. It allows you to learn the basics and try your hand at different trades and careers, to help you find out what you enjoy and what suits you most. You gain the opportunity to experience mechanical, electrical, electronic engineering, and general engineering. On this course there are range of practical and theory sessions. You will gain a range of industry qualifications.
What you will study
On the course you will study a wide range of practical and theory sessions including:
- Electronic practical / theory
- Electrical practical / theory
- Science (Physics)
- Essential skills
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
4 GCSEs Grade A* - D to include Maths A* - C (or equivalent) and English at A*-D. A suitable Level 1 Engineering qualification with Grade A*-C in Maths.
Teaching and assessment
- Practical assessments and continuous assessment
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
I came to this course as I knew a few people who had done it, and they all said it was great in terms of content and the staff that were teaching it. I wanted to get into an industry which was hands on, and I could learn on the job, which I have been able to do with my apprenticeship. In my first year of college we were covering health and safety and how to behave on site and this was really helpful with my apprenticeship. When I have completed my apprenticeship I would like to work for a few years then start my own business, where I will be able to employ apprentices just like me.
Career prospects & further study
After completing this course, successful candidates may progress onto one of the higher level courses at college, which include:
- Level 2 City & Guilds Electrical Installation
- EAL Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering - this is subject to an interview and satisfactory reference from your course tutor.
Need to know