About this course
The Level 2 Diploma will suit you if you have some basic skills and experience as a chef, probably from a role where you work under supervision. You want to gain a formal qualification and increase your skills so that you can take on a more senior role.
What you will study
On this course you will cover courses such as:
- Food Safety
- Health and safety in catering
- Healthier foods
- Costs and menu planning
- Preparing and cooking different foods
These qualifications are usually assessed by using assignments, practical tasks, exam and/or online tests.
For these qualifications you will complete practical demonstrations/synoptic exams, assignments and take a multiple choice examination.
You will have some basic skills and experience as a chef, probably from a role where you work under supervision. You will want to gain a formal qualification and increase your skills so that you can take on a more senior role.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
LocationMaps & directions
My work experience has involved working events where we have had to cater to and serve hundreds of people. I have plated up food, served wine, and experienced every aspect of the industry. I’ve always known that I wanted a career in cooking, but since doing Hospitality and Catering Level 2 I have realised I like the front of house aspects as well.
Need to know