About this course
If you are looking to further your knowledge in the cookery business this is course for you. This course will suit someone with basic skills in the kitchen and experience as a chef.
What you will study
On this course you will cover courses such as:
- Food Safety
- Health and safety in catering
- Healthier foods
- Costs and menu planning
- Preparing and cooking different foods
These qualifications are usually assessed by using assignments, practical tasks, exam and/or online tests.
For these qualifications you will complete practical demonstrations/synoptic exams, assignments and take a multiple choice examination.
Course fee per year
Part Course Fees: £0.00
You will have some basic skills and experience as a chef, probably from a role where you work under supervision. You will want to gain a formal qualification and increase your skills so that you can take on a more senior role.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
After leaving CAVC I might continue on with my Bakery Skills and do Level 4 at University, or I might look into doing teaching degree, so maybe in the future I could be teaching. To possible students I would say it is a good course, and the support from the tutors is great.
Need to know