About this course
Cardiff & Vale College specialises in offering courses that develop entrepreneurship, business skills and employability both for those interested in starting their own business or seeking a management career.
This HND is designed to provide a broad understanding of business organisations and the environment in which they operate. The programme has a strong managerial focus which helps successful candidates to progress to management roles.
This will appeal to a wide range of candidates including:
- school leavers
- adult returners to education
- those in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects
- those who are, or wish to be, self-employed and require a broad grounding in business
What you will study
Equivalent to two years of a university degree, the HND in Business enhances the practical and personal skills needed for a role in the sector. This course has been designed to cater for both school leavers and practitioners who want to further their professional development within the industry.
Led by experienced tutors, your study will include the following modules:
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management & Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project (Pearson-set)
- Business Law
- Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management
- Research Project (Pearson-set)
- Organisational Behaviour
- Planning for Growth
Teaching and assessments
- Students attend for 30 weeks a year on the full-time programme
- The programme is modular in design and students will study the equivalent of 120 credits per academic year
- Teaching methods include lectures, whole group information-giving sessions, workshops, tutorials, practical work, and blended e-learning and group critiques.
- Assessment for the course is designed, where possible, to simulate the variety of tasks that graduates from the programme may encounter in relevant employment. Where necessary other academic assessment devices, such as a formal examination are also used.
- The practical work will reflect real-world techniques that practitioners would encounter in the construction industry.
Candidates who achieve these qualifications may go on to study further academic and professional qualifications or embark on an administrative, managerial or commercial career.
Course fee per year
Tuition Fees: £6,000.00
48 UCAS tariff points gained from either:
- A BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma or Diploma in an appropriate subject.
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma - 60 credits overall to include 45 level 3 credits all passes.
- Other level 3 qualifications may be acceptable.
- GCSEs in Maths and English with a minimum of grade C (or 4)
- International Applicants require IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5
- Applications from mature students, without the standard entry requirements but with related work experience, will be considered.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know