About this course
These courses offer learners at Pre-entry and Entry levels an identified pathway in either Life Skills or Work Skills. All learners typically have had a Statement of Educational Needs or IDP or EHCP.
What you will study
An Initial Assessment of the full range of learner’s needs will be undertaken during the induction process to identify suitable targets and identified a route for progression.
These courses offer an introduction to supported work, internal work placements and independent work, dependent on the Initial Assessment. All learners are encouraged to develop work skills; this will involve group placement, supported placement or independent placement, dependent on the learner needs and Initial Assessment.
Learners will include travelling independently and will continue to develop their learning in a range of Independent Living Skill tasks including, home living skills and Personal Presentation. The courses also offer students an opportunity to experience a range of vocational options of their choice, including music, sport, media, IT and health and social care.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
You will need to attend an informal interview and undertake a college assessment to demonstrate that you are working at a minimum of Entry Level 2 in Communications (English) and Application of Number (Maths). You must demonstrate the desire to take part in a variety of work experience placements. We ask that Vocational Access students can travel independently in order to fully access our varied curriculum and to prepare learners for studying at a higher level. If you would like to discuss individual circumstances further, please contact one of our Transition and Review Officers or ask a tutor about this at interview.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Since starting at the College I have made lots of friends, but I also have the opportunity to sit and do independent studying. To a student in a similar situation to me when I started college I would say it’s alright to be afraid, don’t underestimate yourself, keep trying and you’ll be surprised what you can do; get along and have fun.
Need to know