About this course
The VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Light for Hair Removal or Skin Rejuvenation Treatments (QCF) is an advanced qualification that has been specifically designed for beauty therapists.
This qualification is based on beauty therapy National Occupational Standards (NOS). This qualification is approved and supported by the Hairdressing and Beauty Industry Authority (HABIA), the standard setting body for hair, beauty, nails and spa qualifications.
What you will study
Client care and communication in beauty related industries
Laser and light treatments for hair removal
Laser and light treatments for skin rejuvenation
Management of health, safety and security in the salon
You will be working with our Skyncare Biocare-one machine http://www.skyncare.co.uk/biocare-one.html
You will also be advised on how to register your services with the Health Inspectorate Wales
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £30.00
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessment including practical assessments and exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Applicants must have a Level 3 Beauty qualification. Proof of Certification is required and a successful interview.
Time of day
Ever since I can remember I have always enjoyed doing hair and beauty. Through the contacts that one of our tutors had, I obtained a job working in a spa. The practical skills I have gained from studying at CAVC have been amazing.
Need to know