About this course
Vocational Access Courses are designed to enable you to overcome barriers to accessing your chosen curriculum area, preparing you for all areas of studying at a higher level. Successful completion of this course coupled with a high level of attendance will give you a chance to progress directly on to your chosen area of study.
What you will study
During your time on the L2 Vocational Access, you will complete exciting projects to develop your ability to work and study independently. These projects will develop your confidence, teamwork, study skills, employability skills and the tools necessary to study at a higher level.
The briefs for these projects will be set by your tutor to meet the needs of the qualification and future employers. In addition, you will undertake a work placement in which you will gain further confidence, independence, and relevant experience.
You will undertake online assessments as part of your qualification too, set by the awarding body. All learning pathways are delivered at Level 2. Furthermore, all this knowledge will give you real-life experiences to reference on your CV and at interviews.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Applicants would benefit from achieving 3 GCSEs Grades D-E. Alternatively, applicants will be considered based on interview and a satisfactory skills scan, with a desire and commitment to complete the course they would wish to study.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
My first year at the College was Vocational Access in Barry. I did this course for two years, then I went on to do Level 2 Art and Design for a year, and now I am in my second year of Art and Design Level 3, so this is my 5th year in the College, I am hoping to go on to University next year. What I liked about the vocational access course was that it got me used to college before going on to the art courses. This year I have decided to repurpose a bag for my project, where the subject area was travel, but my passion is illustration. In my first year I made some good friends, and there were times which were hard and I was able to get through it and by the end I felt a sense of accomplishment.
Need to know