About this course
The part-time Level 3 Vehicle Refinishing Course is based at our brand new Automotive Centre in Dumballs Rd, utilising our state of the art, custom-made spray booths. You will benefit from training using world-class facilities and equipment.
Candidates enrolling on this course are expected to take part in an Apprenticeship Programme, spending four days per week with an employer and one day per week training at College.
This part-time Vehicle Refinishing Course covers the main aspects of Vehicle refinishing at an Advanced Level (Level 3).
The course takes place on a Wednesday.
The course starts at 9:00am and finishes at 6:00pm
What you will study
This is a one year programme covering such areas as:
- Health and Safety
- Knowledge of body repair materials
- Applying fillers and foundation materials
- Repairing plastic materials
- Preparing metals and pre-painted surfaces
- Repairing minor defects
- Skills in applying top coats
- Removing and fitting body panels
- The main qualifications of this course make up the components of the Apprenticeship in Vehicle Refinishing.
- The course is made up of the following qualifications :-
- Practical Assessment (VCQ) - This takes place in the employers workshop, and consists of gathering evidence to satisfy criteria along with a number of observations from trained Assessors.
- Essential Skills Wales – These include Application of number, communications and digital Literacy at either Level 1 or Level 2.
Course fee per year
Part Course Fees: £0.00
Candidates are expected to already be employed within the Automotive Industry, or to find an Apprenticeship provider.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I know from studying at the College and applying the skills I’ve learnt in my job I improve each day. I’m even going to compete at World Skills for vehicle body painting.
Need to know