Tourism and Cabin Crew
About this course
These qualification meet the needs of candidates who work a career as Cabin Crew, Holiday Representative, Tour Guide, Tourist Information Centre Assistant or Travel Agent in the tourism sector.
What you will study
In year 1, learners will complete the Level 3 Certificate in Tourism.
The units may include:
* The UK Travel and Tourism Industry
* Customer Service
* Preparing for a Career in the Travel and Tourism Industry
* Travel and Tourism Destinations
* UK Visitor Attractions
* Work Experience
Learners will also cover 3 of the 6 mandatory units for the Level 2 Cabin Crew qualification:
* Working as Cabin Crew
* Airline health, safety and security
* Aircraft emergency situations
Following successful completion of the two years, learners would possess a Level 3 Diploma in Tourism and be fully Cabin Crew qualified at Level 2.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
5 GCSE's A* - C including English Language and/or Maths (or equivalent) or Level 2 Diploma in Travel and Tourism or similar area
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assignments including coursework and online skills tests
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
“The whole experience is just great! I know there is a lot of help available to me, there's people i can speak to and programmes like the Career Ready programme, my tutors have got lots of experience in the workplace.”
Career prospects & further study
NCFE Level 3 Extended Diploma in Tourism and Cabin Crew.
Need to know