About this course
This City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Travel and Tourism is for those who would like a career working in the travel and tourism industry. This course will prepare learners for employment as a:
- Holiday centre worker/manager
- Holiday representative
- Tour guide
- Tourist information centre assistant
- Travel agent
What you will study
This course will cover a range of subjects including:
- Interpersonal Skills for the Travel and Tourism Industry (Mandatory)
- Structure of the UK Tourism Industry
- Working as a Resort Representative
- Principles of Customer Service (Mandatory)
- Worldwide Travel and Tourism Destinations (Externally assessed)
- Customer Service and Selling Skills
- The Cruise Industry
You will also study Essential Skills Wales qualifications in Communications and Application of Number as part of this course.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
4 GCSEs Grades A* - D including English Language and/or Maths (or equivalent) or relevant Level 1 Diploma - Travel and Tourism
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I’m really enjoying the course and can’t wait to see what the future holds. I didn’t really know what I wanted to do after finishing high school but this has transformed my thoughts and goals. The facilities are awesome and you’ve got computers and books that are so useful. I’ve taken part in World Skills competitions in Customer Service and that was really interesting, it will open up so many doors for me.
The big plan for me is to go onto be a tour guide. I’m going to go to university and study Portuguese and French and then try and move to Portugal to get started.
You study so many different things here and my work experience, organised by the College, helped me decide what I wanted to go on to do.
My advice to future students would be to apply as soon as you can to make the most of the opportunity. Read about the course and do your research and then just apply.
Need to know