About this course
This course will enable you to develop some of the skills and techniques used in tiling.
What you will study
The assessment criteria includes the following:
- Demonstrate use of protective clothing.
- Identify tools required for tiling.
- Check that the surface to be tiled is clean and level.
- Apply adhesive to the surface to be tiled.
- Press tiles into position.
- Apply grouting into the spaces between tiles
- Remove excess grout.
- Polish tiles.
- Clear and tidy the work area.
- Dispose of waste materials appropriately.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £30.00
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I have enjoyed being around the City Centre Campus, it's a nice surrounding and everyone gets along. The highlight of my time at college has been the new friends I have made and the different atmosphere from school. You can gain new skills and do things you'd never thought you could do before.
Work placements content
Need to know