About this course
This course will enable you to develop some of the skills and techniques used in tiling.
What you will study
The assessment criteria includes the following:
- Demonstrate use of protective clothing.
- Identify tools required for tiling.
- Check that the surface to be tiled is clean and level.
- Apply adhesive to the surface to be tiled.
- Press tiles into position.
- Apply grouting into the spaces between tiles
- Remove excess grout.
- Polish tiles.
- Clear and tidy the work area.
- Dispose of waste materials appropriately.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £30.00
Motivated with a desire to achieve, successful interview
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I got myself on an apprenticeship with a domestic tiler and have expanded my knowledge from there. School wasn’t for me as I preferred a more hands on approach to learning. Being able to practice my trade in college, and developing my skills means when I go into work for my apprenticeship I can test what I have learned in a real life setting. Being at college I have found a lot more relaxed than school, so anyone who is thinking of coming to the College I’d say that the staff are great and easy to get along with, and come and see if it’s for you.
Work placements content
Need to know