About this course
This course aims to develop a parent/carer’s awareness of the importance of play, building their confidence and enabling them to identify approaches to supporting their children’s play.
What you will study
You will gain awareness of:
- The role of play in a child’s development, including literacy and numeracy
- The barriers to play
- Resources needed for play
- Your role in your child’s play
- The value of play
The successful completion of this course will lead to the achievement of 3 credits at Level One (Agored).
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £10.00
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I feel a lot more independent than at school. I find there is a lot more support here. Through doing this course I will be able to work in a school. All my teachers are really lovely, they are all supportive and understanding.
Need to know