About this course
You will learn to be able to produce a variety of sugar flowers and foliage appropriate for summer and wedding occasions and you will be able to produce an original sugar flower arrangement in own style.
What you will study
You will be able to:
- Understand the importance of food hygiene in sugarcraft.
- Describe the need for appropriate clothing and the importance of personal hygiene.
- Assess the need for using clean and appropriate tools and equipment.
- Be able to produce a variety of sugar flowers and foliage appropriate for summer.
- Produce a natural spray, posy or arrangement of a group of wired sugar flowers appropriate for summer.
- Produce a variety of seasonal foliage appropriate for a summer spray, posy or arrangement.
- Produce finely rolled paste to form selected flowers.
- Be able to create a natural effect.
- Create a botanically correct arrangement showing natural shape and colour.
- Use a variety of food colouring mediums to create a natural effect.
- Use artefacts produced in LO 2 to create an arrangement.
- Assess own arrangement.
Course fee per year
Part Course Fees: £30.00
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
For me, CAVC is more than just a classroom as it provides me with an opportunity to combine a high level of rugby with my education
Work placements content
Need to know