About this course
Have you ever wanted to use a photo studio and studio lights to take more considered professional pictures? If so then this is the course for you.
This course is designed for students that are already familiar with the basics of photography who wish to advance their practice by learning the fundamentals of studio photography.
You will be introduced to the different studio lights commonly used in most professional studios learning how to manipulate light using techniques to achieve creative results.
This course will enable you to experience the practice of shooting in a professional photographic studio to gain more experience and confidence, which will benefit and improve your overall photography skills and knowledge.
What you will study
This is a practical course where you will be given a brief for both days.
On the first day there will be a slide show and demonstration, you will use the still-life studios and equipment to create your own shots with an informal review and discussion at the end of the day.
The second day will be based in the full-length studios using the lights to take portraits of each other.
Course fee per year
Studio Fees: £65.00
Course Fee: £30.00
Desirable candidates will be familiar with the basics of photography. Must be 18 years of age or above. Portfolio of work will be required on interview. Compulsory equipment:
- A DSLR Camera
- A USB Stick (64GB is recommended)
- A Memory Card (a 32GB is recommended)
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know