About this course
The VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy (QCF) is a technical qualification aimed at developing the knowledge, understanding and technical skills needed for a career as a Sports Massage Therapist, either employed or self employed. This qualification has been specifically designed for the 16-19 and 19 plus age group and is based on the national occupational standards for massage, namely CNH1, CNH7 and CNH20.
What you will study
This qualification was developed collaboratively with the following organisations; Active IQ, Central YMCA Qualifications, CIBTAC, ITEC and VTCT with input from the industry through Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and the General Council for Massage Therapies (GCMT).
The content of this qualification is comprised of all the required elements needed to work effectively and efficiently as a sports massage therapist.
This includes anatomy and physiology, professional practice, an understanding of the principles of health and fitness and how to provide sports massage treatments.
The Level 4 Sports Massage Therapist will be able to work safely and effectively on dysfunctional tissue in a range of context, to include, pre-event, post event, intra-event and for maintenance purposes.
The structure of the qualification is comprised of 5 units which are all mandatory.
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- Health & Fitness
- Understanding the principles of soft tissue dysfunction
- Professional practice in sports massage
- Sports massage treatments
There are 2 class options:
Group A - Tuesday 1.00pm - 4.00pm
Group B - Tuesday 5.00pm - 8.00pm
When enrolling please specify which class is preferable to you - this will be on a first come first serve basis but we will aim to supply your request.
17:00 - 20:00 Monday
Teaching and assessment
Assessment will be practically based, case studies are required for portfolio of evidence with an external paper to demonstrate knowledge competence. 100 hours of work experience required.
Course fee per year
Exam Fee: £69.00
Course Fee: £626.00
Certificate in Massage Techniques at Level 3. Evidence of qualifications in Anatomy and Physiology. You will need to attend an interview.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Ever since I can remember I have always enjoyed doing hair and beauty. Through the contacts that one of our tutors had, I obtained a job working in a spa. The practical skills I have gained from studying at CAVC have been amazing.
Need to know