About this course
This BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport (Rugby) will suit anyone with an interest in Rugby, fitness, development and coaching. This course will also involve the Cardiff Rugby Foundation team, providing opportunities to work within the community.
This is the first year of a 2 year programme. The course is the equivalent to 1.5 A Levels per year and following successful completion of the 2 year programme, learners will have the equivalent of 3 A Levels and sufficient UCAS points to progress to University.
What you will study
The units covered on the course are:
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Practical Sports
- Fitness Testing
- Sports Psychology
- Sports Leadership
CISC has excellent sporting facilities, including a pitch in the stadium, running track, 3G pitch in the dome, external 3G pitch and external grass pitch, and access to the football, netball and basketball courts at the House of Sport.
You will be required to purchase moulded football boots before commencing this course, in order to take part in practical sessions, which is an essential part of the course. You may be eligible for support with these costs. Please contact us for further information.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
5 GCSEs A* - C including English Language and/ or Maths (or equivalent) or relevant Level 2 qualification in Sport
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
My highlight of the college has to been meeting people who have just as much of passion for sport as myself, and the facilities. I really enjoy the practical sessions that we do on the course, including the sport coaching, research methods and human anatomy.
Career prospects & further study
Many students progress on to study sport at a higher level at the college including our Foundation Degree courses or work in community coaching roles.
Need to know