About this course
This BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Sport (Football) will suit anyone with an interest in sports development, fitness and coaching with a specific emphasis on football performance. Learners will study a range of modules whilst gaining the opportunity to develop their football skills through a structured programme run by highly qualified UEFA/FAW coached. On completion of this course learners will gain the equivalent of 1.5 A Levels and progression on to the Extended Diploma in Sport (Football). This course will provide enough UCAS points to progress to university, where on completion students will gain the equivalent to 3 A Levels.
What you will study
The units covered on the course are, Fitness Training and Programming; Anatomy and Physiology; Practical Sports; Application of Fitness Testing; Sports Psychology and Sports Leadership.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
5 GCSEs A* - C including English Language and/or Maths (or equivalent) or relevant Level 2 qualification in Sport
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
My highlight of the college has to been meeting people who have just as much of passion for sport as myself, and the facilities. I really enjoy the practical sessions that we do on the course, including the sport coaching, research methods and human anatomy.
Career prospects & further study
On completing this course learners can progress on to the Extended Diploma which will provide learners, on completion, the equivalent of 3 A levels.
Need to know