About this course
The Level 3 NVQ Site Carpentry qualification has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
The technical certificate will develop the fundamental skills of your trade.
What you will study
Site Carpentry technical certificate and NVQ at Level 3.
This course has been developed to support apprentices in achieving their trade qualifications, the technical certificate delivers the underpinning knowledge of the trade and develops hand skills in a workshop environment, and the NVQ qualification supports the learner to attain industry skills, enabling fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge in an industry related environment.
You need to be employed in the industry to study this qualification. This programme is specifically designed for CAVCA sponsored apprentices.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
As soon as I knew there was a link to come here I was excited, and the school link programme provided me with an opportunity to see what it would be like to study here. The College gives you a lot of information on why you need to get your NVQ, and get an apprenticeship to get into full-time employment.
Need to know